BACKYARD VBS 2020
Vacation Bible School looks a little different this year! Instead of registering kids, we are registering Station Leaders (hosts). A Station Leader is anyone who is willing to lead a group of kids (from their immediate family to a few friends to their neighborhood) through the stories and activities that would normally take place at church.
Is this a virtual VBS?
No! There will be a daily video (under 10 minutes) available that will help tie everything together. However, kids will not need to watch the video prior to or during VBS. This is meant to be hands on and interactive - not a virtual experience! We are a team of parents who understand that we are all tired of learning through screens.
Do I have to be a member of ECC to register as a Station Leader?
What ages will this be for?
This is geared toward kids entering K through 5th grade. We encourage those with older kids to enlist them as helpers!
What will be in the box?
- A tshirt and set of Bible Buddies per child
- One music cd per family participating
- Easy, step-by-step info about the Bible lesson, crafts, science experiments and games
- Supplies for everything listed above
When is VBS week?
Whenever it works for you! Boxes are available on August 1st, and there will be a Family Celebration at ECC the evening of August 20th. You can choose to make it a full week (morning or evening), or meet a few times a week over the course of a few weeks. The planning is for 5 sessions, 1-1.5 hours per session.
How much will this cost?
This is the best part - it's free! We are trusting that God will provide the funds to cover the cost through donations and sponsors. We want anyone who feels led to teach kids about the love and power of Jesus to be able to do so.
There are a few other ways to support VBS without being a station leader:
This year we are not charging for VBS. We don't want the cost to be an obstacle of sharing the power of Jesus' love with others. But that doesn't mean there is no cost! Sponsor a child for $20, a backyard for $100, or a neighborhood for $300. Give what you can - any amount helps!
There are two volunteer opportunities this year: to help pack boxes the week of July 27th, and to prepare components of the box (activity, craft, etc) at your home during the month of July.
This is the most important part. Here are some specific things you can pray for:
- Wisdom and sanity for the VBS Planning Team. This is a completely new event being planned in a very tight timeline.
- Willing hearts to host. The number of kids we can reach through this event is limitless - but we need people who are willing to give of their time, energy and backyards.
- That through these days filled with disappointments and so many unknowns, our hearts and the kids' hearts are receptive to the truth that Jesus gives us the power to truly live.
- New lives in Christ! Pray that even more hearts will accept Jesus as their Savior.
- Funding - that the cost of VBS and the donations we receive will balance out to $0.